GSTN has partnered with accounting software vendors to provide free accounting and GST Compliance software to tax payers with a annual turnover under Rs. 1.50 Crore. The purpose is to make digitisation easy for the small companies
- The tax payers can login to GST portal get access to the free software
- There are 8 software options available.
- Both desktop and cloud based software are available for tax payer to choose
- The software will be free until 31 March 2021. However if the turnover exceeds Rs. 1.50 Crore, the right to use software freely will end
- At this stage, tax payer can buy/ subscribe to the paid version by directly contacting the vendor
- The free features of the software will be sufficient for the taxpayer to do invoicing, inventory , accounting and GST Return generation.
- There are optional paid features too
The move is likely to help about 3 million small businesses.
The free software provided are
- Focus Lyte
- Marg GST Pro
- Saral Accounts
- Genie Books
- Zoho Books
- Cygnet Face
- IRIS Vyapari